The Tyler Clementi Institute for Internet Safety is the only full-service education, research, and direct outreach pro bono legal initiative providing assistance to victims of cyberharassment.
The main goals of the Institute are as follows:
- Eradicate cyberharassment through direct outreach, pro bonolegal services, education and coalition building.
- Train socially conscious New York City attorneys, with expertise in Internet and digital technologies and applicable law, to use their knowledge and experience to support victims of online harassment.
- Raise awareness about and help stop cyberharassment by building coalitions among key stakeholders in New York City, New York State, and nationally, including those in government, industry, and education.
- Propose the adoption of cutting-edge and innovative solutions, program ideas, laws, and safety tools to curtail and ultimately eradicate cyberharassment.
- Support vanguard social science research, adding value and filling gaps in our understanding of and responses to cyberharassment.